Loving Foods for the Body Mind & Soul
An in depth experience of new ways to look at foods & how we prepare them.
The Sunflower Center will be hosting raw food preparation and health education classes. Lydia Kindheart will personally teach class participants about a variety of nutritional dietary principles, including the health benefits of raw foods, enzymes, sprouting and cleansing the body.
~Class participants will benefit from learning recipes as well as food preparation concepts.
~Our classes will empower people to be creative in food preparation & incorporate dietary changes into everyday life.
~This class will be hands on, with each person encouraged & supported in developing their own culinary skills & gifts.
Raw foods will be prepared. Information will be shared on how these recipes, concepts & healthy choices can be incorporated into daily meals raw or cooked, from salad to spaghetti.
- Health & nutritional value of each food
- Food combining
- Sprouting- the why’s & how to sprout
- The culinary uses, characteristics & properties of individual vegetable, seed, grain, fruit, herbs spices & oils & how to use them
- How cut, chop, grind or blend for the desired end result
- Combining for texture, flavor, health, vitality & proper digestion
- How to shop
- Being cost effective
- Stock the essentials for your kitchen
- How to pick your fruit & vegetables
- Eating locally
Requirements for Class Participation
hair fully covered with a scarf or hat (we will provide hair nets if needed)
paring knife & chef knife
your favorite apron
Lydia’s Raw Food Classes
Tuesdays 5:30pm -9:30pm
Cost: $800 for 4-class series
1 scholarship available
14 spaces available
Dates & Times To Be Announced
- Understanding our foods & rebuilding relationship with what we eat
- Sprouting and nutrition, proper use of food processor
- Pates, cheeses, dips, crackers; application of these foods
- Oils, fats, proper use of blenders, continued conversation about nutrition & our relationship with food
- Juices, sauces, dressings, soups; application of these foods
- Cutting and chopping technique and the tools needed to get the job done
- Cleansing & detox, a gentle and healthful approach
- Salads, entrees, appetizers
- Sweeteners, sugar addictions & healthful desserts
- Smoothies, "Melks," sweet treats, pies, cakes
- Breakfast, a healthy start to each day